Monday, August 18, 2008

An evening out at the fair

As Flat Jason and I got ready to go out for dinner, Smokey Bear wandered into the 4-H Building from the fire station to say hi. He came with Sparky, but since we had already posed with Sparky, Sparky stepped out of the photo.

We headed to the Gerken Dairy Building for a grilled ham and cheese sandwich and some soft serve ice cream. We checked out this year's butter sculpture. Then we watched the cows get milked in the small parlor on the side of the building.

We headed down the Midway to talk to Richard, who works at the carnival. He couldn't believe that I was actually carrying Flat Jason everywhere with me. Neither could anyone else in the carnival. Anyway, after that we went back to the room to work.

Another night, we went to the Leroy Van Dyke Country Gold Tour. I had told Leroy about FJ and he wanted to meet him, so FJ came along and posed with him. I should have brought him to the concert. There were so many classic artists playing my old favorites. I was in heaven.

1 comment:

Mo said...

Found your link through flat daddies and just had to drop you a quick note.
After 10 years as an Army spouse I sometimes forget what the early years were like. Strange as it is, all that separation gave us so much. We still look at each other and say "We made it through(insert hardship here), we can make it through anything!". You've given me the motivation to get off my butt and finally get our flat daddy on some foam board!!
Thanks for all you do to support your soldier, hang in there!