Monday, April 14, 2008

Sewing Class

Wednesday nights are sewing nights. They have been for a while anyway. I take classes from the Columbia Career Center, and I love it! Jason likes that I enjoy sewing and is very supportive. Only sometimes does he remind me that I should use the fabric I already have to make my projects, instead of picking up interesting pieces every time I go to a craft store.

Often, I tell Jason funny stories about what happened in sewing class, whether it's something that my teacher said or a silly mistake that I made on my project. I've always wanted him to meet my teacher, Aurora, because I think she's great. So, I decided to take Flat Jason to sewing class on the last night. I took more than just him. A couple of journalism students tagged along to see what happens in our normal day. Check out their video and see what you think.


We went to Arby's like I normally do before sewing class. Then we went to our room. The Columbia Career Center doesn't have a real sewing room for us, so we have to bring our own sewing machines to the teachers' lounge. Some guys were hanging out and eating when we arrived.


After Flat Jason got a quick picture with my teacher, our slimmed down (six instead of eight) class learned how to sew a zipper into a project. By the end of the night, I had mastered it. Success! I have really enjoyed my classes at the Columbia Career Center, especially my sewing classes.

No comments: