Sunday, April 20, 2008

One week down

Friday makes a week. Week 57 is done.

I made a paper chain to keep track of the weeks until Jason comes home. It's a great visual representation of the deployment countdown. 400 days ticked off one Friday at a time. To most people, Fridays mean the weekend of fun is ahead. Instead, mine will be a weekend alone. It's hardest for me because that's when Jason and I were together - on the weekends. I've noticed recently that I am consistently delaying my bedtime, especially on the weekends. Nights alone are the worst. I've stayed up until 3 a.m. only to get up the next morning in time for work or church. I think I'm going to start planning more activities so that I will be tired, distracted and ready to go to bed on time. Afterall, the faster I go to sleep, the sooner tomorrow comes. The sooner tomorrow comes, the faster Friday approaches. And when Friday arrives, I get to tear another link off my chain.

No comments: