Monday, April 14, 2008

Departure Ceremony

Wake up: 5 a.m.
Load car: 5:15 a.m.
Breakfast: 5:45 a.m.
Drive to Jefferson City: 6 a.m.
First formation: 7 a.m.



Sigh. Jason may be used to this schedule, but I'm not. That's a sleepy Amanda pictured here. At least we beat the train, so we didn't have to wait at the tracks and be late. After formation, we got to hang around and wait for the departure ceremony. I met Jason's new friend, Doss. He plays video games and likes to workout, too.

Cochran showed up for the departure ceremony. He graduated from Wentworth with Jason. I'm glad he came. There's nothing worse than sitting in a large group by yourself. He invited me to come hang out with his family while Jason's gone.

The ceremony didn't last too long and before I knew it they were loading gear on the trucks. They handed out yellow ribbon National Guard pins for the wives to wear. And then we hugged goodbye. Only a few tears. Jason said to save the big ones for Indiana. Until then...

P.S. Yes, General Sidwell, I can hug him better than that, but not with you watching ;)


No comments: