Monday, September 29, 2008

Queen of my heart

My sister, Lauren, got nominated for Eldon High School homecoming queen, and I couldn't have been prouder. Beautiful, smart and talented...she's perfect for the role.

Homecoming was on Friday, Sept. 26. Since I couldn't make it to the football game to see whether or not Lauren got crowned, I decided to drive down to Eldon to see Lauren in the parade. Flat Jason joined me.

We made it down a little early and visited with Lauren before the parade. She was riding with Trever Griswold, who had been crowned homecoming king at the pep assembly earlier in the day. FJ totally embarrassed Lauren as he tried on Trever's crown. Then he sat in the car while we were waiting for the parade to start.

It was a warm day, so on our way to find a place to watch the parade, we stopped off to get some water for Lauren and Trever. Then we found Mom and Grandma in front of Henley Jewelers, and we watched the parade together. They were pretty excited that Lauren was in the parade.

Later that night, Dad walked Lauren out on the football field for the ceremony, but Lauren wasn't crowned queen. I think someone made a mistake, but it's ok. It doesn't change how great Lauren is! I love you, girl!

No comments: