Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mud Room with Mandi

I was looking for fun on Friday evening, so I called Mandi to see if she was free and wanted to go to the Mud Room. She said yes, so I met her there.

The Mud Room has a neat service project going on right now called Cup of Kindness. You get free studio time to paint when you purchase and paint a mug to be given as a gift for a cancer patient in town. In October, every person hospitalized for cancer in any of Columbia’s five hospitals will receive a Cup of Kindness. The Mud Room is donating the glazing and firing of mugs painted by the community and Jackie O'Roarke, a cancer survivor, is sponsoring the project.

I think our mugs turned out great! I wanted to make a happy mug, so I painted mine with yellow, my favorite color, and added flowers. I wished that Erin didn't have to work; aside from being tons of fun, she could have written, "I've got sunshine on a cloudy day..." in her neat handwriting. I was singing that the entire time we were painting. LOL Mandi painted a calming mug. It reminded me of the sea, waves washing over each other, lots of shades of blue and green.

After the Mud Room, we headed to Pizza Hut for some dinner. We tried the new Tuscani pastas. Mmm...yummy! Convo at dinner was good, too. I'm defintely blessed to have a been-there, done-that friend for this deployment. She totally gets what I say and where I'm coming from. I love hanging out with Mandi!







No comments: