Monday, September 15, 2008

Great Balls of Fire...

Flat Jason hosted a Debut the Shoes party at Town and Country to celebrate my awesome new bowling shoes. Oh yeah! They are black with white stars. The stars are supposed to glow, either in the dark or in black light. I'm not sure which, and I haven't tested them. We got to the bowling alley a little after 9 p.m. to get the sweet low rates on bowling games and sneaked in some cupcakes to eat. What's a party without cake?
AshLee, JR and AJ came to celebrate. My friend Brian and his fiancee, who bowl with more regularity than Flat Jason and I, were also there and had saved a lane next to them for us to bowl on.
Unfortunately for us, our lane, Lane 28, was all jacked up. We constantly fixed the score and reset the pins. After the first game, which AJ won and I scored a 98 (I was sooo close to 100!), we happily switched to Lane 31. No more problems, mostly. I ended up winning the second game with a score of 116. Wa-hoo!
I must say I was very happy that so many people came, especially AshLee. She expressed her distaste for the game at the beginning of the evening, but by the end, I think she was close to converted. It was definitely a fun night.

No comments: