Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy Early Birthday to me!

I got birthday greetings from Cold Stone Creamery in my inbox this week, and I was nothing less than excited. On Thursday, Flat Jason and I went after work to get some Birthday Cake Remix from Skye, our ice cream barista. (I don't really know what his title is...is there a real name for that job?)

Then, we went to Jesse Auditorium to see Billy Currington in concert. The opening act was one I'd never heard of, Love and Theft, from Lousiville. All three played guitar with one stopping every now and then to tickle the ivories. I was pleasantly surprised by their tight harmonies...very nice! We visited with them after the show, and they gave Flat Jason a free CD! Thanks, guys!

Billy Currington also put on a nice show. FJ and I stayed out of the crush of people that crowded against the stage, but we still got a few nice photos. After the show, there weren't very many people waiting at the stage door, so we decided to wait, too. While we were hanging out, we met Melissa and Stephen. They took a photo of us with the keyboard player; he was wearing a Punisher t-shirt. Flat Jason's a fan.
Billy finally came out and we got an autograph. We were told he didn't have time for photos, but Melissa got one of us while we were getting our paper signed. Hopefully she e-mails that soon.

No comments: