Monday, May 5, 2008

Eldon FFA Banquet

It's FFA Chapter Banquet time. I headed down to Eldon on May 1 to see what was going on with the Eldon FFA and take a few photos on the side. Flat Jason and I loaded up on some carbs while we visited with Grandma and Mom and Dad. I'm not sure if I told you, but Dad was elected to the school board. This was the second event that I've been to with him that he had to stand up and be recognized. It's kind of weird to me, but so far I think he likes it -- being on the school board, I mean, not getting everyone to look at him. Ha! I spent most of my evening hanging out with Tim Flora and taking photos of the students. This is the second or third year that the ag department has used a backdrop, and I think it makes a big difference. Now if they could only teach the kids how to "window up" for their photos! Anyway, the chapter has been really successful this year. They even have two teams, Parliamentary Procedure and Ag Sales, that won at state contest and will compete at National FFA Convention in Indianapolis this fall.

After the banquet, Lauren, FJ and I headed over to the high school gym where there was much prom decorating to be done. We checked out the sweet Eiffel Tower and scoped out where the band was going to be. Prom is going to be on Lauren's birthday and The Marquette Weekend, a live band from St. Charles, is going to be there.



No comments: