Saturday, May 10, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

Whew! What a week this has been -- Week 54! It seems like Flat Jason and I have been going non-stop. I told you about our adventures at the roller rink on Monday...

On Tuesday, I went riding with my bike-buddy Jeremy. For the past couple of years, a group of people from University of Missouri and MU Extension have been riding bikes in a loop around town on Tuesday nights. They saddle up at Flat Branch, cross the MU campus, travel some trails in town and end back at Flat Branch. Often, there's time for beer and fun afterward. Well, the Tour de Flat Branch hasn't started yet, but Jeremy and I are trying to get ready for it. This makes our second ride together this season. We've been hitting the Bear Creek Trail. Lessons learned: Properly inflated tires require significantly less effort to propel. Skinny tires don't work well around the lake. Giant hills are WAY more fun to go down.

On Wednesday, I got to pick up my prize from the Bike Fest drawing. I got a headlight and a tool kit! That night, I was supposed to go to a 4-H event, but it got rained out. Instead, I visited with Mandi and some people from her church. We mostly talked about being military wives, something we all have in common, while we ate at Culver's. (If you're going there, you should get the bananas foster sundae. It's to die for!) I also finally connected with a couple of family readiness group people, and it looks like they may start a support group for all of us left-out wives in Central Missouri.

On Thursday, I drove to St. Louis to see Tracy. We rocked out at "Barrage-apalooza," as Matt called it. This sweet band named Barrage was playing at a local high school. I've been in love with their music for years, and they actually toured close enough for me to go see them. There are six people in the group that play fiddle, and others play drums, acoustic guitar and bass guitar. They have so much energy. It's just incredible!

Friday, Stevie V. came to town. It'd been a while since we'd seen him, so Flat Jason and I met Steven and Esther at Gumby's Pizza for some pizza goodness and Pokey Stix. Then we went bowling. We played two games and scored the same number of points each game. I was proud that I got a strike, and I broke 100. My bowling game isn't what it used to be. (Not that it was great to start with!)

No comments: