Monday, May 5, 2008

Cinco de Mayo

When I remembered today was Cinco de Mayo, I lamented the fact that the gang wasn't going to get together for Mexican food or to swing a stick at a donkey pinata like we had in the past. But, then I remembered that I was going roller skating at Empire Roller Rink for Bike, Walk and Wheel Week and I got excited! It's been a while since I've been roller skating, and I have to admit I was a little nervous, nervous enough that I didn't skate on the floor with Flat Jason. He stayed safely in the booth with AJ and watched the skaters make their rounds. FJ even got to meet Hannah Montana!

While FJ was making friends in the sound booth, I was making friends of my own. I met a cute little girl named Annie.
She was a little shaky on her skates, so we went around the floor a few times. Then she got in line to limbo and did a great job! She was one of the winners! I also met a sweet little girl name DeArial. (I hope I spelled that right, girl.) She was a little shaky on her skates, too. As it turns out, she lives across from the park near my house. What a coincidence! AJ took photos of us skating together. Look, that's us over Jason's shoulder!

I've never had a chance to participate in the Bike, Walk and Wheel Week before. I've always been too busy, or at least that's what I told myself. This year, I'm making time, and it really has been great. I went to Bike Fest on Lowry Mall the other day to find out more about this special week and what accessories I could get for my bike to make it safer to ride. Turns out my name was selected in a prize drawing and I get to pick it up on Wednesday. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yay!!! I'm glad you got to participate in Bike, Walk, and Wheel week. AJ said it looked like you had fun, and that once you held one little girl's hand, all the little girls flocked to you like little geese. Haha. I like FJ's new shirt, too. Orange is a good color for him!