Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy Birthday! Happy Prom!

Happy day! Lauren's birthday was Saturday -- the same day as the Eldon High School prom. She has been working with the prom committee all semester to make sure that the entertainment was going to be a live band named The Marquette Weekend from St. Charles. The band arrived at 4 p.m. to set up. I helped finish putting together the stage and arranging decorations to make sure the band had enough extension cords. Then, I headed to Jefferson City to take some photos in the Governor's Garden to take photos of Lauren and her friends. (For more photos of Lauren and company, see my Facebook album.) After photos, we went back to Eldon for prom.

Mr. White got roped into chaperoning the dance. We chatted for a while. I learned about a few things that happened after I left for college and something interesting about Mr. White: turns out he did some writing for the National Guard. Who knew?

Loved The Marquette Weekend! I've been wanting to hear them for a while. That's one of the reasons I crashed prom. Plus, c'mon -- a live band beats a DJ any day! I made sure they knew it was Lauren's birthday, and they played one of her favorite songs: Euphoria. What great guys! Happy birthday, Lauren!

No comments: