Monday, July 21, 2008

A nice visit with Jane and size discrimination at Hollywood Theaters

Flat Jason and I got up and went to the market again this week. Peaches, blueberries, blackberries, corn-on-the-cob, zucchini and yellow squash. What a bounty! We also picked up some honey ice cream in mocha flavor.

Then, we stopped by to visit with Jane. She seems to be doing well. We visited a bit and ate a wonderful piece of coffee cake that she had made. She mentioned that she had a couple of things that needed to be planted. We volunteered to come back on Sunday afternoon to plant them.

Later that afternoon, we went to see Mamma Mia! at Hollywood. I was super-excited; Flat Jason was less so. We hit the concession stand before the movie. That was where we met Aaron, who was completing his first day of work at Hollywood. He was a nice guy, even posed for a photo with FJ.

However, the guy that was taking tickets was not nice. I didn't get his name, but he informed me that Flat Jason could not accompany me into the theater. When I asked why, he said that FJ was too big. Interesting, I think, because FJ is, in fact, a bit smaller than the real Jason. I told the Meanie that I could put Flat Jason in front of me on the floor, but he still insisted that I couldn't take him in. Instead, Meanie locked FJ in the "office" all by himself. I couldn't believe it, but I didn't want to cause a scene, so I went ahead and watched the movie.

I thought Mamma Mia! was very enjoyable, and to make it up to FJ for getting put in the big-people jail, we stopped by Wal-Mart and bought the movie soundtrack. Then, we went home and had an ABBA dance party. Sweet!

No comments: