Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fireworks and more!

Happy Independence Day! Flat Jason and I celebrated the 4th of July by pulling some furniture out of storage and hanging out with family in Chillicothe, Mo., including fam visiting from Colorado and Alabama. Fun times and talk about a crowd at the Meneely mansion!

When we arrived, we were introduced to a game called Corn Hole. I'm proud to say that I'm better at Corn Hole than I am at Washers, but that really doesn't take too much. We warmed up with Corn Hole before breaking to eat food prepared by the Chefs Meneely.

Then we waited for nearly 30 minutes as the boys figured out a suitable bracket for our washers competition, complete with team names and a losers' bracket. Lauren and I paired up again with mixed results. The A-Team, as we were named, beat only one team: Art and the Farm. Happily, it was one more than we won last time we played. I think Lauren and I should practice some more...

After the tournament, which the Avengers (Megan and Steve) won, we headed into town to watch the fireworks show. According to those familiar with the usual Chillicothe show, it was not impressive, but I enjoyed the show. Then we went back to the house to watch more fireworks.

And, as requested, I posted a clip of the day's events on Youtube.com:


No comments: