Tuesday, July 22, 2008

At last, an evening with Willie

Holy cow! I just had the most wonderful evening!

Flat Jason and I met our good friend Sara at Shakespeare's Pizza for dinner. We also purchased a t-shirt, which you can see FJ was excited to model. We enjoyed some cheesy bread and then our pizza.

Then we changed into our concert attire. Sara, our Willie Nelson aficionado, brought t-shirts for Flat Jason and me to wear to the concert. After we were properly outfitted, we headed to Jesse Auditorium.
The concert was amazing! But c'mon, did you expect less? It's Willie Nelson! He played all the old favorites, some new tunes and a surprising number of gospel hymns. I certainly enjoyed them, and I was pleasantly surprised that everyone else did, too. People were dancing in the aisles.

After the concert, we headed outside to get a photo with the tour bus. Check out the sweet shirts Sara let us borrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to go to the concert! I really enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks.

Linda
www.stillisstillmoving.com