Sunday, July 27, 2008

Impromptu Bowling

Flat Jason and I were invited to go bowling with Brian and Kathleen. We went to Town and Country late, around 9 p.m., because games are half price. Good thing to know in case you have some free time on your hands. And talk about cheap fun --the bowling alley gives out these scratchers tickets that have bowling-related prizes on them, and Brian had an extra one for a free shoe rental. Sweet! Anyway, we met their friend Rick, who didn't talk a lot. I probably made up for that.

I was totally inspired by Kathleen's bowling shoes. She bought a pair of amazing purple shoes to wear because they bowl so frequently. (Brian has his own shoes AND ball...that's how much they bowl.) So, I'm looking for a pair of crazy shoes myself.

We couldn't squeeze two games into one hour, but I'm sure you're all super curious how the game turned out. My stellar score was 72. Sigh. I usually get closer to 100, but it takes a game or two to warm up. Oh, well. At least, I wasn't in last place!

After the game, we got some Shake's. (Or is it Shakey's, Brian?)It was a nice evening, so we sat out on the patio enjoying our frozen custard and chatting with a nice family with a young girl who looked like she was wearing as much dessert as she had eaten. Everybody loves Shakes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shakey's!

~Brian