Monday, October 13, 2008

Versailles throws me a belated birthday party - Apple Fest!

Apple Fest!!! Even though Lauren and I stayed up way too late the night before, we got up early and got ready for the Apple Fest. Breakfast came from Wal-Mart, and we had to stop at the car wash to get all the bird doo-doo off my car. Grr...the hazards of parking under a tree overnight.

We got a good parking spot near Dad's office (the best part about being early) and met Grandma at the truck Uncle Dwayne had left in front of the office the night before to save our spot. The Schads ALWAYS watch the parade from in front of the Farm Service Agency office, at least as long as I can remember. Family began trickling in, and I got to hold both of the new babies.

We watched the parade, hollering at people we knew riding floats and those just walking by. Lauren and I made short work of the festival booths, which could be generally categorized as food or crafts, most we'd seen before. I picked up some ornaments for Christmas and a necklace; Lauren bought a bag that was decorated with skull sporting a mustache. I must admit I was more than a little jealous!

After the fun and festivities, we went to say hey to Peggi Sue at KS95, the Lake's Best Country, 95.1 FM. Ha, all the taglines are still in my head from when I worked there a few years ago. It's been one of my most favorite jobs so far.

We went back home to change clothes and grab pies for the Eldon FFA Hog Roast. At the hog roast, Flat Jason decided to buy some raffle tickets, but he was sad when he found out how expensive it would be to enter the drawing as many times as he had at the family reunion. He settled for six tickets.

No comments: