Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy Anniversary to me

It's coming up fast...Valentine's Day AND our first anniversary. Traditionally, the first anniversary is the paper anniversary. In modern times, newlyweds have taken to giving clocks.

In keeping with tradition, Jason wanted to get me a book, but he was afraid of accidentally getting me a knitting book even though he knows I crochet. So, I suggested that I get my own book since I obviously know what books I would like and I recently received a Barnes and Noble coupon in my e-mail.

After listening to Bob Krist and Ralph Lee Hopkins speak at a National Geographic photography conference, I met Flat Jason at Barnes and Noble in Independence. We shared a piece of cheesecake and FJ read The Crochet Dude's Designs for Guys while I decided on the book I wanted. We also talked to Georgia, who just happened to appear at B&N to study.

Oh, Jason also mailed me another present: a yellow paper rose and a roll of anniversary toilet paper.

2 comments:

Ang said...

Just wanted to take a moment out the day to wish you a very happy anniversary. Thank you for sharing the journey through your first year with all of us.
Best wishes to you both!
Most sincerely,
Angie

Amanda said...

Thank you!