Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Super Amanda and Mr. Fix-It

When Jason is gone, I like to think that I'm Super Amanda and that I can do what needs to be done and take care of things when they break down. But when Jason came home, he turned into Mr. Fix-It.

Vacuum, truck, computer. It seemed like everything was going downhill. The vacuum smelled like it was burning when I used it, so I quit vacuuming. The truck was having problems not dying, and I was tired of coordinating rides to and from the shop and trying to keep an extra vehicle running in town. And my poor computer...I don't know what was wrong with it, except it kept giving me error messages on a blue screen.

Then, Jason swooped in. He replaced the belt in the vacuum. He helped take the truck in to the shop to get it fixed, and we bought me a new computer because mine was on its last leg.

Sometimes I forget how handy he is to have around the house - my Mr. Fix-It.

No comments: