Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mud Room...where everyone knows your name...

Well, I'm not sure if the Mud Room lady (her name is Erin, I think) knows my name, but she definitely knows who I am when I come in. She's trying to get a special bowl so that Jason and I can make a bowl to match the one that we made when I visited him at Ft. Sill. And she knows that Jason is in the military and that he is deployed and was very welcoming when we came in to make some Christmas presents.

One present we made was for Jason's mom, Ann. She collects teapots, so I thought it would be nice to paint a teapot. She decorates in Americana, so Jason thought it would be nice to paint it red, white and blue stripes. It started out simply. Jason would design it and paint the lid, and I would paint the big portions on the teapot. But no painting project with Jason is ever simple. Jason likes to put a lot of love and effort into the pieces he works on...so much love that I eventually had to take the teapot away from Mr. Perfectionist so we could leave the Mud Room.

No comments: