Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ice skating at Crown Center

After checking out some stores on the Plaza, we went ice skating at Crown Center. Jason had never been ice skating before and was very scared that he would fall. He didn't fear the impact of his bum hitting the ice; he was afraid that someone would skate across his fingers while he was down and slice them off. I assured him that would not happen.

We got on the ice right after they resurfaced it. Jason refused to hold my hand because he didn't want me to take him down with me if I fell and quickly warmed to ice skating, leaving me to hug the wall alone. Mr. I've-Never-Been-Ice-Skating apparently grew up on rollerblades and was skating circles around me, literally, dodging tottering children and wobbly adults. My "ice legs" came slowly, and upon proving myself, Jason joined me for a few passes around the rink. By the time the great Zamboni appeared again I was ready to call it a day.

We played around on the wooden objects before we left. There were tons of people out, so we had to wait our turn like good kids, which was hard because neither one of us is incredibly patient.

No comments: