Sunday, June 22, 2008

Moving the Merritts...and truck damage

I have new neighbors! Well, they're actually several blocks away, but they're on the same side of town as me, and I helped them move last weekend.

I'm not sure exactly how much help I was. Aaron and Carolina had packed up and moved a lot of stuff. Plus, Laura was there, and she had been helping all day. I helped unpack a few things, but mostly I just played with Mariana. I think Flat Jason might have helped more than me. I had no idea he was such a great baby-sitter. Mariana had fun pointing out Flat Jason's eyes and nose and mouth. I got a picture of her giving him some kisses.

She really cracked me up when we were playing. She started opening and closing her hands around his chest and arm pits. "Tickle, tickle," she said. And when she got a little cranky, Flat Jason was the only one that could get her to lay down to rest until Mommy and Daddy came home.

Unfortunately, when I returned to my home, I found that someone had hit Jason's truck. It was parked on the side of the road across from our house and had damage to a mirror and the bumper. A Columbia police officer left his card for me to get in touch with him. I assumed it was to get information about the damage or tell me that he'd found out who hit the truck and left. Nope. It's been more than a week, and Officer Michael Hestir has yet to return any of the attempts I've made to contact him. Just another great thing to have to deal with while Jason's gone.


No comments: