Monday, June 9, 2008

Having a ball in Olean

It was Testicle Festival time in Olean, Mo., on June 7. Mom, Lauren and I took Flat Jason to see the 15th annual event.

The first person we met was Brock Olivo, who is running for U.S. Congress in the 9th District. I believe he wants to take Kenny Hulshof's seat, which Hulshof is vacating as he tosses his hat in the ring for governorship of Missouri. Olivo is super-nice and has a great resume. Check him out and see if you agree with where he stands on the issues.

Our next stop was the ball-battering tent. Eldon FFA members were working hard to keep up with the demand for turkey fries. It's become a tradition for the FFA members to help out the Olean Jaycees.

Some members were relaxing and enjoying the fruits of their labor. They were more than happy to share their turkey fries with me and Flat Jason. Mmm...

We picked up a few other things while we were at the festival: a t-shirt, some spices for dip and a dress. I know what you're thinking: A dress from the Testicle Festival?!?! Yes. This neat lady named Jessie made some clothes herself. The one-of-a-kind pieces reminded me of the clothes I found in Camden Market in London. I ended up finding a black and white gingham halter dress with a black leather waistband. It has a little pink skull on the left side, and Jessie let me pick out some pink hair pieces to wear with it. I'm not sure if I'm hard core enough to wear the hair pieces, but the dress is cute. Her brand is BlackLess and can't be found online yet, but watch for it to come.

No comments: