Monday, June 9, 2008

Clover Connections for Flat Jason

When I was in 4-H, State 4-H Congress was always the highlight of the 4-H year and why not? Members from all across the state - different backgrounds, different personalities - came together to meet each other, share ideas and learn. I know I met some very cool kids from extension programs at both the University if Missouri and Lincoln University. And this year, even though I'm not a 4-H member, was no different. Awesome, talented young people doing fun, new, creative things.

I decided that Flat Jason should see some of the coolness. After all, I'd taken him to the Missouri FFA Convention, and I couldn't let him think they cornered the market on youth organizations. Flat Jason joined us for the last day, just in time to hear speaker Grant Baldwin talk to the group about being a difference-maker. I'm not going to detail it with my notes (yes, I took notes!) because I think you should invite him to speak to your group or organization. He's pretty good, even if he didn't balance a ladder on his chin like the guy last year did. LOL

And, of course, Congress wouldn't be complete without the election of the new council. After the results were announced and photos taken, FJ accompanied me to the Key Award reception where he said hello to Derek Brucker, the new president of the Missouri State 4-H Council. And then we ate some cake...




No comments: