Monday, March 31, 2008

Schads from Texas

Doesn't Flat Jason look happy? I think it's because he likes sitting next to Uncle Dorsey.

Uncle Dorsey and Aunt Lucille traveled from Texas to Missouri for a week-long visit. You know what that means - family dinners every night. I made it down to visit on Sunday, and I brought Flat Jason. Everyone seemed glad to have him there.

I brought a notebook for people to write to Jason. I'm not sure what I expected, but several people did pen some thoughtful prose. Mareena even drew him this lovely picture of Tippy, the one-eyed dog. I think I will continue bringing the notebook with Flat Jason. I like the scrapbook feeling that it is beginning to take on. It sort of represents the "hello" or short conversation that he would experience if he were present. And I know Jason will love reading it when he gets a chance.

No comments: